Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Week 36 Update: Did somebody turn up the heat?!

Apparently when you are 9 months pregnant you feel like you are a menopausal woman having hot flashes. Hormones must be raging but that means my body is prepping for the finale. I cannot WAIT to meet my little Ayden! I am now down to weekly doctor appointments. I have my first internal exam and the doc said I am 0cm dilated, so no progression yet. Right before I went to my appointment I had my 9 month growth ultrasound. To our surprise, Little Ayden is actually average size. 6lbs and 2 oz. Unfortunately, He is also getting comfy in the breech position.  According to Doc if he doesn’t flip by next week we should discuss having ECV preformed to try and manually turn him while he is still en-utero. They give you some medicine to relax the uterine muscles and then push on your belly to try and coax baby to turn head down. If that doesn’t work then it will most likely need to be a cesarean delivery.  Praying He will wiggle his way around and get in position so we don’t have to take that route but God is in control and I have to believe he will come out the safest way he can manage.
I have started feeling some contractions off and on depending on what I am doing at the time. Focusing on drinking lots of water just to make sure the contractions don’t start from dehydration. In the heat we have been having off and on around here it would not be hard.
Started packing our bags for the hospital. Not knowing when he will come kind of stresses me out and I want to be prepared. However, our home is filling up with cute cloth diapers and little baby elephants so it’s hard to be super stressed out when I see all we have prepared and gotten for him already. I am even going to bring a little elephant stuffed animal with us to the hospital for when he is born. It will help me focus during labor on what is coming J
We had a good Memorial Day weekend. Our church had a picnic out at a local park on Sunday evening grilling yummy food and hanging out with friends. The pool at our apartment complex also opened up and I have already gone swimming twice. It feels so good to get in the water! Takes all the pressure and weight off my belly and soothes all my joints. LOVING IT! Kind of wish I could just live in the pool for the next few weeks.  Which is only 4 weeks in all!
IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! Just so everyone is aware.
     

For the next chapter and
To continue reading along Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment