Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week 32 Update




Life has been crazy and I apologize for not getting up a week 30 update. So here is an update for the past few weeks.
I had my 32 week appointment on Monday, and Doc says everything looks great. I have been consistently measuring a week ahead of my due date and doc thinks baby might end up being a big boy :) Ultrasound to check growth is scheduled for May 27th.  I'm still a bit in shock that in about 8 weeks I will be holding my little man in my arms. That's right Grandpa (Dad)! 8 weeks and counting! Haha. Had to make a shout out to my dad whom I feel is shocked every time I mention how soon his little grandpeanut is going to be here. Quite a milestone and it is approaching fast! Getting around at work is becoming significantly more difficult but I am hanging in there. My coworkers are the best. They really have encouraged me every step of the way. Little Ayden has definitely run out of wiggle room and therefore it feels like a kick-boxer has taken over residence in my womb. Haha. He is already vying for mom's attention and he has not even been born yet.We had a wonderful Easter. We helped out with the pancake breakfast before the service at church and ran the drink station. Watched and enjoyed a wonderful Easter play put on as part of service.  It ended up being a crazy day but ended with a steak and asparagus dinner with my Hubby. Could not have asked for a better end to Resurrection Day. YUM! We also started our childbirth prep class at the hospital. We have the best instructor ever! I am excited to go back this week. She is so energetic and knowledgeable about all things pregnancy, labor and delivery. My husband likes her approach too and I think he is soaking in all the info. She is definitely pro-natural birth. You can tell by the way she words everything, emphasizing on the pain relief techniques we will be learning and the fact that the first 3 of our 5 classes are going to be spent on natural birth, unmediated. God is definitely putting people in my path to help me out. He is so faithful to do that is He not?






 Currently my cravings are golden Oreos and good ole' fashioned french toast :) I have definitely hit the sweets craving stage lol.  I have also decided that these onsie rompers are my favorite thing ever. Hope Ayden doesn't mind cause that's all he is going to be wearing!
We  also had our baby shower at church a few Saturdays ago and it was a wonderful success! Of course it was baby elephant themed and stuck with the teal and orange color scheme. The food was wonderful and we had the most adorable cupcakes made by a wonderful lady, Christy Gott, from Highly Flavored cupcakes.


Courtesy of Highly Flavored Cupcakes
Raspberry Zinger Punch


Adorable onsie decorating!

 We used baby things as the centerpieces. In addition, everyone brought a white onsie with them to decorate and we had a fun crafty time. We were blessed with so many gifts and words of encouragement. Thanks Jess Pentecost and everyone who helped and made food, for everything you did and organized :)




Gender: Boy!!

Total Weight Gain:
Jumped to 35 lbs gained. Alittle swelling in the ankles and hands.

Exercise:
Have been laying off getting out as much due to sleep deprivation. Kinda bummed, was enjoying our walks 

Food cravings/aversions:
French Toast and mango pomegranate yogurt

Signs of Stretch Marks:
Still using Burt's Bees Belly Butter! But plenty of stretch marks have been appearing regardless. 

Maternity Clothes: Still fitting. Got a new dress for Easter.

Sleep:
Broken at best. I sleep on the couch in the semi sitting position almost every night and have been battling horrific leg cramps in the middle of the night.

Feeling:
Stretched this week. Bending over has become a thing of the past. I have to remind myself to squat when I can’t reach things on the ground.

Baby Movement:
I can feel him stretching out a lot. Can tell his head is pointed down now.

Belly Button In or Out?
Still in but very flat and you can tell it is being stretched thin.

Wedding Rings On or Off?
On but fingers are swelling from time to time so I remove it at home. 








For the next chapter and
To continue reading along Click here


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment