Saturday, April 19, 2014

Prayer and Husbands



As a wife, are we not given the privilege and responsibility to keep our husband (or future husband) at the top of our prayer list? This is concept that is not often thought about. We often are prompted to pray for our lives, our worries, a big decision, a sick or hurting friend, etc. How much more important should it be that we lift our husbands (or future husband) in prayer every day? Paul wrote that we should all pray for each other, Ephesians 6:18. This has been on my mind for some time now and I thought putting it into writing would be great for anyone else who has been feeling the same way.
Satan seeks to destroy Godly marriage in every way he can. However I believe prayer is powerful and we can beat Satan in his endeavors. All we need is to trust God everyday as we surrender our husbands and marriage to God. One way I am going to build this concept into my day to day is to start with a great concept I found on the blog below. 


This post speaks to praying everyday, for 31days, for a different aspect of my husband, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. I think this is a great starter for when you aren’t sure what to pray. It gives a direction to go in. I can’t wait to see how God uses this to bless my husband.

Day 1:
            Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)

I also found this great list:
A great way to keep track of your prayers is to journal. Keep a record of your prayers and see how God answers them and works in your Husbands life and your marriage. Find time to pray for your husband this week. Bend God's ear for the man in your life and lift him up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment