Sunday, April 6, 2014

Homemade Chocolate Chip granola bars

Lunch Box worthy!
I love cooking and if I can find a way to make something 
cheaper than buying it in the store, Why Not?! 
As I am always on the hunt for lunch counterparts and fillers, 
thought I'd take a swing at granola bars. 
I found this recipe on mommysavers.com and they could not have been easier.

Here's the recipe:
 
Easy Four-Ingredient Homemade Granola Bars 

2 C. quick oats

1/2 C. honey
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine, softened but not melted
 Chocolate chips (optional)                   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly mix all ingredients in large bowl. 
Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and then dump in mixture.
Press in and smooth out until mixture is even and level. 
Bake for 10-11 minutes 
Allow to cool slightly and then cut into bars. Let bars sit until completely cooled off. 
Then brake apart the rest of the way.
I wrapped mine individually in plastic wrap to be lunch box friendly.  

yields about 12 bars (depending how thick you want them to be)

These were so inexpensive and easy to make. Definitely going to make these a weekly addition to our brown bag lunches for work. They taste better than store bought and I know every ingredient I put in mine which I really like.
Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment