Saturday, April 12, 2014

Husbands...

      I just want to take a moment to brag on my husband. At 30 weeks pregnant I am finding there are certain things I find very hard to do. One of these activities is reaching my toes :) All I wanted today was to take off the polish and trim my toenails. A necessary evil, but none the less it was time. I tried sitting on the floor, propping my foot on my knee, standing with one foot on a chair. No matter which way you bent my body, that pregnant belly was in between me and my toes. I was telling my husband of these woes later in the car and he mentioned that he could just do it for me. (This mind you came after the comment where I stated I was just going to go get a pedicure and be done with it!) Well I laughed a little bit, but an hour later we found ourselves sitting on the couch, watching the movie UP, while my husband removed the polish and trimmed my toenails. Such a servants heart and he only complained a tiny bit, more so to make me laugh at him than anything else. 
      I have no clue what I would do without this man in my life. He loves me unconditionally and without reserve. In all my pregnant glory and never ending hormonal ups and downs, he is along for the ride. He stands right next to me and helps me laugh through the hard and in the good times enjoy the wonder of this little life growing inside of me. He is going to make a wonderful and amazing father. Granted I am biased, however, I could not have asked God for a better man to live out my life with. He has blessed me in so many ways and in 10 weeks I will get the privilege of blessing him with a son. I cannot wait to see where this new adventure of parenthood will take us. We will just have to wait and see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment