Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 38 update: RAIN, RAIN, RAIN...



It won’t stop raining here. It’s like we are living in the time of Noah and I searching for my life raft. Well, it just makes it more comical that I have been craving animal crackers like crazy this past week. Something is comforting about little-kid food to calm this pregnant momma. YUM! Being 38 weeks pregnant is definitely rough ya’ll but the excitement is building on getting to actually hold my little guy. And the excitement is building on both ends I think. My little man is “excited” to stay in my womb as long as possible…. Little stinker has decided to stay in the comfy little nook he has found and not turn head down despite our (and the docs) best efforts. We had our scheduled ECV on Friday and low and behold that little man did ¾ of a somersault and bounced right back to his original position. I guess he just loves looking up at me, even from inside the womb J My doctor said his wrist hurt afterwards and that my little guy did not turn but it was not for the lack of effort or trying. The nurse asked him if he remembered to take his Aleve that morning haha. We were in L&D for probably 4 hours after all was said and done. They like to monitor you an hour before and at least an hour after just to make sure baby isn’t showing signs of distress. Nope, no distress in this little man and we were back home to rest. My belly was quite sore for the next few days. We went ahead and scheduled our c-section for June 26th. I wanted to wait till the final moment just in case he takes after his father and flips at the last minute J Needless to say; if that does happen I will be ecstatic. Either way, I have our bags packed and we are ready for whatever comes. Ayden has cute onsies, diapers, and wipes. I even packed a little elephant for him. I have a Labor goody bag for in the instance that I do go into labor before the c-section and he has flipped. And I have a small bag that needs to be finalized, that is for postpartum. It will have nursing bras, a loose pair of pjs for me and change of clothes for Ken, breast pads, a few snacks, all the essentials, etc. 

We are guessing little man is around 7.2 lbs. He should be gaining a lb. every 2 weeks now. Man he is going to be a big baby. Since I am approaching my due date, I had been answering phones for the administration at work. I am still doing that but my feet are definitely starting to swell while I am sitting for so long each day. I have to get up and move around every so often. The Third Trimester is so weird! I had never had swelling in my feet much before these past two months. New experiences I suppose. Gives me a good reason to prop my feet up when I get home, which is nice. Speaking of home, the nursery is coming together. We have a built crib and a dresser that is en route to us as I am writing this. Instead of a pile of stuff in our apartment, it looks like we might be having a baby soon. Now all we have to do is clean out the closet and we might have room to put all our “stuff” that’s not baby related. I’ll let you know how that goes :)

You know how pregnant moms all seem to chop off their hair when its close to their due date. Well I promised up and down that would never be me. I love my long hair. Well I may not have gone pixie haircut but I definitely cut off quite a bit. By that I mean 8 inches. I did not realize how long my hair had grown during my pregnancy. But none the less I love it! I can still get it back into a pony tail if I need to and it’s easy to manage. So when I wake up in the middle of the night to breastfeed there isn’t any hair hanging in my little man’s face.  
Well that’s about all for this week. Keep an eye out for other posts and such I am going to try to get back on the ball with having at least one post outside of my updates each week. Love getting to keep everyone in the loop to what’s going on in our little growing family. Till next time…



For the next chapter and
To continue reading along Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment