Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 39 update


Seven days! Seven days and I could be a mommy? I can’t believe we are already that close! Well the saga continues as he is still breech and I have not dilated at all. No progress. My little man is apparently not interested in joining us out here in the real world quite yet. But boy he is definitely interested in stretching and wiggling and kicking when he wants to. My belly feels very tight and I am getting more and more contractions but then…nothing.Everyone who sees me at work is surprised every day I come in, thinking I must have gone into labor by now. It’s quite comical.However, while I await the arrival of my son I am in the ever sowarm company of lower back pain, hot flashes and (huge) swollen feet.  And they never seem to completely go down. I wake up in the morning and they are still swollen enough I can noticeably tell. Not fun I tell you. However I feel like I have been productive this past week. I started hardcore meal planning. I even busted out Microsoft Excel and made a spreadsheet for this. I feel pretty proud of myself and what’s nice is the effort in one afternoon has allowed us to not eat out once during the week. We haven’t said, “What are we going to eat tonight?”  Which was usually followed by, “___________ sounds good.” And we would go out and eat whatever it was.Yesterday I busted out a meal plan for the next 2 weeks that included freezer meals for the first week I am home with Ayden. While I will NOT refuse food brought to us by friends and family, (hint hint) it’s nice to know I have a plan and won’t have to think about it. J
On the note of friends and family, Ken and I have been so blessed these past nine months with amazing support, encouragement and donations of baby things. We want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been there for us. I have sent out a lot of thank you cards but I just wanted to say it again. THANK YOU!
As this week seems to crawl by we are making huge progress in finishing up the Nursery. We have a dresser now and are quickly filling it up with cute little onsies and such. All my cloth diapers are washed, folded, and ready for use in their baskets on the book shelf. All of his little elephants are in a basket by the crib. It’s really starting to look like a nursery and not a spare room that happens to contain a crib. What a miracle that is. We also finally have a bigger bed for ourselves. We had been talking about getting a queen sized mattress for a while and the more pregnant I got the more we said it would be nice but we will just wait. Well the wait is over. Neither of us was getting any sleep for nights and off we went to the store. Well home we came with an affordable memory foam mattress and we love it!
Something that keeps me sane every morning is my hot cup of peppermint tea. Since I am attempting to drink as little caffeine as possible, I have been getting in the habit of drinking hot tea in the mornings before work. Hot tea is good for you in general and mine is caffeine free but somehow it make me feel like I can conquer my day and I feel relaxed and at peace. This is not a common feeling at 39 weeks pregnant and I cherish it every time I can.
Well that’s about it for this week. Cannot wait to be typing up the post that says, “I am officially a mom, Welcome Little Ayden!”  We will chat again next week!      



For the next chapter and
To continue reading along Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment